UEWM must provide the following Voter Registration Information to all UEWM students to remain compliant with Title IV Federal Student Aid assistance programs.
The voter registration requirement was included in the National Voter Registration Act of 1993. In essence, if a participating school is located in a state that requires voter registration prior to election day and/or does not allow the ability to register at the time of voting, then the school must make a good faith effort to distribute voter registration information/registration forms to its students.
The following web sites offer information on California Voter Registration requirements and California Voter Registration forms.
- Voting Guid https://www.campusvoteproject.org/stateguides/california
- Voting and Elections https://www.usa.gov/voting
- To vote in Santa Clara County, register here. https://www.sccgov.org/sites/rov/Register/Pages/Register.aspx
- To vote in your home county in California, visit the Secretary of State’s webpage. https://registertovote.ca.gov/
- To vote in your home state, the U.S. Election Assistance Commission website can direct you to each state’s voter registration site. https://www.eac.gov/
No matter where you register, you can request a mail ballot (also known as absentee ballot).