Center for Integrative Medicine
Integrative medicine is a current trend in the medical field, there are many renowned institutions that have established Center for Integrative Medicine, such as UCLA, and Harvard Medical School. In recent years, international Conferences and seminars have been focused on this research to benefit patients and medical professionals to bridge the east and west.
Structure and Mission
Center for Integrative Medicine Objectives:
- To promote the theories and methodologies of Integrative Medicine which has been a new trend of modern medical study and practice in the US and many countries.
- To create fellowship and research exchanging program with existing Organizations working in this field including Integrative Research Center at Harvard Medical School, East, and West Medical Center at UCLA, International Medical Tai Chi Qigong Association in Boston.
- To develop integrative medicine instructor’s curriculum and certification program for members of CCAOM and NCCAOM
- To promote evidence-proved integrative medicine findings and methods to the health and the medical field nationwide as well as internationally.
- To cosponsor conferences and seminars with other organizations periodically.
- To encourage UEWM students to broaden their study and clinical practice by participation in research or taking courses of integrative medicine.
- To work with health organizations, senior centers, rehabilitation centers, and recreation programs to create integrative medicine programs and workforce.
Activity engaged (certification courses and promotional seminars)
Courses to be offered:
A) Traditional Health/ therapeutic and Fitness exercise for public
1) Eight Brocades with Qigong Application ( Xingqi and Daoyin method)
2) Eight Brocades with Belt Cracking Drill (fitness routine for strength, speed, coordination and cardio-vascular endurance)
——–for all ages and levels 10 hours
B) Mat exercise for landing safely to prevent from injury and body sculpting (weight management)
——for all ages and levels 10 hours
C) Taiji for Self Defense Application (joins control and encountering assaulting)
——for youth and adult 20 hours (beginner)
D) Cardio Taiji routine (Taiji techniques in compliance with Cardio exercise formula)
——for all ages, 10 hours
10 persons minimal size for each course.
First come first go with the proper size of enrolling
Check class schedule
Contact person: Chi-hsiu Weng