Doctorate of Accupuncture and Oriental Medicine (DAOM)
UEWM is teaching out our DAOM program by 31 Dec 2020. We are not taking any new students for the DAOM program.
Admission to the DAOM Program requires a minimum of all of the following: a Masters degree in Acupuncture AND Oriental Medicine from any recognized institute of higher education by ACAOM; a current CPR certificate; a valid state license to perform Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine; a letter of recommendation from an academic advisor; a letter of recommendation from a recognized instructor in TCM.
The following documents are required for admission:
- A properly completed Application Form.
- Evidence of all previous academic work: All official transcripts are to be sent directly to the Admissions Office of University of East-West Medicine before attending classes.
- Application Fee:$60 (non-refundable).
- Two letters of recommendation form.
- Deposit: $500 to reserve your space in the program. The deposit is non-refundable and will apply to the non-refundable fees throughout the program.
An informal interview is required with the Director of Academic Services or admissions staff. If the applicant lives outside of California or outside the United States, either a phone interview may be required or an interview conducted by an alumnus.
The student will not be admitted until all requirements are met. Other specific admission requirements or prerequisites may be applicable as indicated in this Catalog.
ENGLISH PROFICIENCY REQUIREMENT
Students must demonstrate English proficiency by showing a written and oral competency in English, such as the student must have completed a four year (120 semester or 180 quarter credits) baccalaureate level education in an institution accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education or from an equivalent educational institution in another country which is taught in the English language.
DAOM ADMISSION CONTACT